Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Enjoy your day - busy bee

Today I have a very colorful card to show. I have been wanting to make this one for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. They have a fun one this week: make it colorful! And so I did! The challenge closes within half an hour, so I am rushing to get this posted.


I started with a piece of white cardstock that I stamped with black Archival ink and the Cover-a-Card stamp Fishscales by Impression Obsession. Next I colored it with pencils. It has been quite a while since I used those! I had to trim the cardstock a bit because one end had no stamping on it and I wanted to keep it a rectangle, so I trimmed two sides. This left me with a strip of colored and stamped cardstock that I thought would be fun to use on the card. I turned it on its side and placed it on some black cardstock. I pasted the whole onto a black base card and took another strip of black to stamp the sentiment on with Unicorn white pigment ink from Hero Arts and some white emboss powder. I decided it needed a tiny something to finish the card and took the tiny bee stamp from the Lawn Fawn set Let's Play, where I also took the sentiment from. I stamped this one with Memento Tuxedo Black on white cardstock, colored him yellow with one of my Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens and fussy cut it.

Hope you guy like my card! I want to enter it in the SSS Wednesday challenge - Make it Colorful


1 comment:

  1. this is so colorful! and so pretty :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete